Thursday, December 17, 2009

Welcome to Ohio!

Last night I had my first all-nighter in a looooong time. It wasn't nearly as fun as the all-nighters of yesteryear because this time I was up with a sick, puking kid. All. Night. Long. WA and IA started a new school on Monday and we have been phasing them in throughout the week, with help from my mother-in-law. So far things seemed to be going well, with IA hoping right in to the mix and WA being a bit more reserved. I think ultimately this new school was a great choice and once WA gets comfortable, he'll do well. The rooms appear very organized, the teachers are tough but kind and they have plenty of daily activities to keep the kids engaged (vs. it being a general free-for-all). The only down side so far, after 3 days, is that WA came home with a raging stomach bug (or maybe the flu?). When I picked him up yesterday he started complaining that his tummy hurt. My mother-in-law and I thought maybe it was his first case of real constipation since his poopies have been "sleeping" (his term, not mine) for a couple of days and he wasn't a complete wet noodle. Turns out he proved us wrong right when we stepped in the front door of our new house and proceeded to vomit all over the foyer (and me!). So we hunkered down for what ended up being a long night. He made it through and seems to be doing much better today. At the moment he's happily watching Charlie Brown's Christmas and dreaming of Santa's motherload.

I know this won't be the last night I spend nursing a sick kid, and I feel surprisingly good myself (however talk to me in 3 hours...), but I certainly hope this is not the way Ohio is gonna treat us, cause dang buckeye that just ain't kind!


4 comments:

AmyBow said...

oh nooooooooo! Poor WA! Send him hugs from his TB friends. And hugs to you from your TB friends - if I had any energy reserves I would send them your way.

Anonymous said...

Hope WA is better soon and more hugs from us too! - DS

Jenni C said...

I hate the tummy bug. I hope it leaves your new house quickly.

Anonymous said...

We miss you! Sorry about the all nighter... hope your next one is for fun!