Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The offical tally

Since moving to Ohio we've had:
- 4 out of 4 members of the household down for the count with various illnesses
- 2 bouts of homesickness (me and WA)
- 1 death of a sweet family friend
- 1 broken glass (not bad!)
- 80% of boxes unpacked
- 2 cookie deliveries by insanely nice neighbors
- 1 best friend b-day for which I still owe a present
- 3 snow falls (very light for the most part)
- 1 new major household appliance (go front loader go!)
- 1 new vacuum cleaner (thanks MB, I never believed in the power of the Dyson until now!)
- Many great holiday cards from friends and family (now gracing the fridge)
- 1 kids birthday party invite (already! I tell you people are so nice here!)
- Many visits to Facebook to see pictures of friends and family (again WA and I)
- 3 (ok, maybe 4) bouts of PMS
- Too many unbought X-mas presents to count
- 1 extremely happy kid now that we are all under the same roof again

For me, the first week was a long one, but I am feeling much better now that my environment is a little less chaotic. I am hopeful that once things settle and the holidays are over that this move turns out to be a good thing, especially for the kids. Transitions are always a little rough, I guess I just expected to be much more of a solid rock than I currently feel!

And in the spirit of my sister-in-law, AGF, leave mean comments so I don't cry:).


4 comments:

amybow said...

umm..okay, we don't miss you. because if you were here and you contributed to the Cricket class gift I would have had to redo the entire layout of the card...

(I would have done it gladly)

Anonymous said...

I can't be mean like AB... I miss you guys! Tonight as I was going into school I was thinking of you and it hit me that you're not on vacation, but you've really moved (I know, I'm a little slow, it has been a crazy month!).

On a much less sappy note... I saw your note on the Dyson. Knowing you have good rugs... be careful! Gene (our carpet expert) warns customers against Dysons, as they are really tough on orientals, etc.
-MLH

Anonymous said...

You are now officially one step closer to Seattle. I am sure your plan is to move closer in increments. South Dakota will be next and then Seattle by 2012 right????

Anonymous said...

Love AB's comment! Sorry but we too miss you. We had lunch at Super Duper Weenie on Sunday and I thought of WA photo! LD made a card for WA the other day - I still have to get it in the mail. Glad to hear everyone is better and life as settled down. I also have a Dyson and love it - but I do not have Oriental rugs :)

-DS