Monday, September 7, 2009

Lordy, lordy, lord

"Lord give me strength"

That's a saying my Mom, Aunt and Grandmother used to mutter when their patience was being tested by one, or more, of their children. Over the past couple of weeks, I've found myself uttering the very same thing multiple times. I wish my Mom was still here because I'd tell her...."I get it now, I get it!!". Kids are trying, there's just no two ways about it. But over the past couple of weeks, WA has been testing my nerves. He is going through a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde phase. One minute he's sweet as pie and helpful as any mom could wish....the next minute, he's hitting, not listening (oh man, this gets to me) and generally misbehaving. I know he's testing the limits and is sorting this all out in his little 3 year old brain....but it's driving me nuts! Usually I have plenty of patience for WA, and kids in general, but the Lord better send me some of that strength, because I gotta say, this is exhausting.


No comments: