Our couch is no longer just a couch. It's Mt. McKinley. Or so thinks IA. She has gone from a baby who had her hybrid crawl* down pat to a baby who is obsessed with pulling herself up on to everything. On Friday, when she came home from daycare, the highlight of her repertoire was crawling over to me and tugging on the bottom of my pants until I reached down to offer her an arm which she could use for leverage. Fast forward to Sunday and she was hybrid crawling to any stable structure...the couch, a dresser, the dining room table, her crib, her big brother's head...and pulling herself up all on her own. You can tell she loves the new vantage point and also relishes a clear sense of accomplishment. Baby gates are going up this week, can't say I've missed them.
This weekend WA also got his teeth cleaned for the very first time by Peepee. My Dad has is own practice in the town where I grew up and it was really fun to see my father work on my son. Two sides of my hereditary coin so to speak. WA is completely head over heals for Peepee (I'm thinking the chocolate ice cream, Oreos and Peepee's Lord of the Flies nature all contribute to this love) and to see WA watch Peepee work, you could tell he was in some kind of awe. I also got my teeth cleaned and WA was the little helper...using the water squirter and suction device to his hearts content...leaving me a little bit soaked in the process. He also got a thrill out of pushing the x-ray button as the hygienist shot pics of my teeth. It was actually really cool to see how fascinated WA was with everything. He really seemed to study it all and soak it up. Perhaps my Dad's hopes and dreams of a second generation dentist skipped my brother and I and now lie with WA.
* a roll/army crawl/legit crawl combo
No comments:
Post a Comment