I love it when one of WA's friends does something sweet. This morning I hung out with the kids in WA's class, as I'm sometimes able to do, and we played "Doghouse". We built a ghetto one out of cylindrical cones and WA's nap blanket. The kids loved it and, truth be told, I had a blast too. At the end, when all my little doggies were tired, I told WA, "OK, WA. Mommy has to go to work. Can I have a hug and a kiss?". WA was busy reading a book, but LP, one of WA's friends, came running up with a huge smile and wrapped her little arms around my neck and planted a big wet one on my cheek. It was simply the best. Naturally that display of affection caught WA's attention and he proceeded to tackle me with a big wet slobbery one of his own. And I left the classroom with a smile on my face.
For me, these types of mornings not only confirm that my son is a good judge of character (at 3 years old I'm not really sure such a thing exists, roll with it), but also that his friends have great parents. I'm a big believer in both nature AND nurture, and it's clear that a lot of the kids WA hangs with are blessed on the nurture side. As a mom (and actually simply as a person) I love to see this. I think it's so important for your kid to be surrounded by kind and decent people. So far I think WA is doing a pretty good job on that front.
1 comment:
thanks for this post. i don't have the opportunity to ever hang in the classrroom and stories like this help me make it through the day. with all of the headaches of our wack-a-doodle day care, at least the kids are awesome.
Post a Comment