My husband cheats on me. There, I said it. She is an irresistible temptress that can not be denied. No, I'm not talking about the hot lady next door, I'm talking about World of Warcraft.
For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, think of an online video game version of Dungeons and Dragons on steroids. WOW, as it's known, is an online collaborative video game that has MILLIONS of players and is addictive like crack. Seriously. There are therapists who are starting to specialize in WOW addiction. How insane is that?!? It's fascinating to me that such a virtual world exists. One in which real life people pay real life money to live in...not only in the form of a monthly fee, but also by purchasing goods to help them in the game (ex: 2$ for a super magic sword blessed by the prince of darkness...or something like that). My husband loves it. He's often joined by his younger sister and they use it as a way to bridge a 16 year and 600 mile gap. I'm happy he gets such relaxation and pleasure out of it. And as long as I don't start seeing track marks, we're good.
My mom used to call herself a "golf widow" since we lived right next door to our (very modest) country club and my Dad played so much. I jokingly call myself a "WOW widow". So tonight I am widowed and I am extremely excited to watch Dexter Season 3 - Disc 1! Top that off with a glass of wine and mama has a great Wednesday evening planned. Some good unadulterated alone time. Yes! The kids will be in bed, the hubby will be playing with his mistress and I will be hanging with Mr. Dexter Morgan.
1 comment:
Just think of yourself as part of J's harem!
Post a Comment