Thursday, February 9, 2012
Technology and the fat finger
One thing I've noticed about iPads and smartphones is that they do not mesh well with clumsy typers. I myself am a clumsy typer, so I can attest to this first hand. Usually I just end up with a spelling error on my blog or a text message that means absolutely nothing due to random words substituted by autocorrect. But this week I took the cake. I recently upgraded my iPad's OS. Unfortunately I did not back anything up (stupid, I know) and ended up losing all of my books, apps and movies. D'oh! So I had to undertake the exercise of reloading, and repaying for, all my favorite apps. It was kind of nice, in a way, because I weeded out a lot I never used. In the process of trying to download one, I fat fingered a different app without realizing it (I was moving fast). The next day I went onto the iPad and noticed there was an app icon in the shape of a real human heart. Hmm, I thought, what the heck is this?!? I opened it to find out that I had accidentally bought an extremely medical and detailed interactive view of the human heart that you can dissect. Uh, ok. Not gonna really use that one. And all for just $29.99!
Labels:
oops
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment