Monday, September 20, 2010
Like my Mom
When I was a kid, I vividly remember hoping in to my parents bed on a Saturday or Sunday morning. I loved that peaceful time spent snuggling and talking. I also remember being facinated by how my Mom's skin would hold the lines and creases created by her pillow (whatever she happened to lie against that night). I'd gaze at her face or neck and trace those stubborn lines, wondering why they didn't disappear. Well, welcome to middle age. This morning I woke up and stared at those very same lines on my neck looking back at me in the mirror. In an instant I felt old, but I also smiled as warm thought from my childhood washed over me. I don't have many opportunities to feel close to my Mom anymore...but I'll take 'em where they come...even if it is in the form of some lines and wrinkles:). Who knows, maybe my little girl will enjoy tracing them just as much as I did.
Labels:
state of mind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment