Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's the little things



Last night WA, IA and I got home after a long day at work/daycare. Considering the day was slightly rough for two out of three of us, what came next was a delight. We walked in to the kitchen to see a straw stuffed pumpkin head man staring back at us (eh, give me a break on this one, thats the best description I can come up with). Surprise! With a smile on my face I immediately knew who the culprit was. After a complete inspection, WA asked me who did it. I asked who he thought. He said "Daddy?". I told him "Nope" and then asked who loves to decorate for the holidays. He said "Me!". "Well yes, that's true" I said, " but who else??" "GRANDMA!" he exclaimed. Right. It was his grandma. She and Grandpa had stopped by on their way to visit KB who just started her first week at OSU. After having let themselves in, they planted this special surprise. I really loved the thoughtfullness, the kids loved the plastic pumpkin and straw. Everyone had a smile on.

No comments: