Today brought move tear numbers 2 and 3.
I picked up the kids at daycare today and was doing fine until I walked in to WA's class. It was a bit of a madhouse, since all parents seemed to converge at the same time because daycare got out early due to the holiday. They children had "movie day" and were just finishing Blue's Clues, so they were all somewhat distracted. WA's teacher took him aside and said some very nice words and gave him a gift. He then gave a hug to his very first girlfriend, MK (that one definitely made my eyes tear) and said bye to some of his male buddies. The children in his class made him a card, and I could not read it there...I knew it would be waterwork city. WA also said goodbye to some of the teachers that have made his experience there great...including Ms. N. We made it out the door, but not before I was getting a bit sniffley.
Once home we got a visit from WA's other favorite teacher, Ms. C. Ms. C hung out for just a little bit before she had to hit the road for T-day. WA was excited that she was at his house and told her that she needed to stay "ALL DAY LONG". They played for a bit and then it was time to say goodbye. WA played coy thinking that if he didn't really say goodbye to Ms. C, that she wouldn't really go. Finally he gave her a hug, as did I. We stepped outside so WA could wave as she went out the driveway and then it was back indoors. That's when I lost it. I am very fond of Ms. C, always have been, but I think what hit me most was saying goodbye to someone who clearly cares for my kids. It was also tough saying goodbye today to people who have enriched my child's life, and Ms. C, Ms. N, MK, LP, LS, JM and AS...they all have and it was tough to see that literally and figuratively walk out the door.
Next is saying goodbye to my brother and sister-in-law. Oh lord, wish me good luck for I teared up just writing that sentence!
No comments:
Post a Comment