Me:
It's all becoming real. This move to Ohio. I have to admit I am SO ready to be a one state family. While I really have treasured most of the moments with my kids over this past month, I'm utterly exhausted. Taking care of two kids on your own is no picnic...there's zero downtime and it's even rougher when everyone is still not sleeping through the night. It's not all warts and rocks though, there has been an upside too. Being the only day-to-day love and support for my children has given me a special present....some excellent and unexpected bonding. Both of my kids have needed extra from me and I have been happy to oblige with hugs, cuddles and kisses. WA has also used me as his confidant becoming more verbal, expressing his thoughts and telling stories. The roller coaster ride is almost over and, for the most part, I'm glad the end is near.
IA:
IA is blissfully unaware of any change (ah, to be young:)) and is doing great. The only issue with her is that she is a packing blocker. Whenever she is in the same room, she wants to play or be held...and she's hard to resist! When my husband calls she mutters "Dada, dada, dada", so she is clearly missing him in her own way, as do we all. She's gonna do great and will likely never really remember living in CT (though we will be visiting often).
WA:
So tomorrow is WA's last day at his daycare. This experience has brought my first (and definitely not last!) associated move tears. The thought of him leaving his buddies is really tough. There are a few that he just loves and that have been with him for almost his entire life. He's also leaving behind some of his favorite teachers, the lovely Ms. Cherine and his first love, Ms. Natalie. I'm not sure how much of this WA really understands, but hopefully his last day will be a good one. He's had a rough go with all the flux happening recently and I look forward to life getting a bit easier on him.
18 days and we'll all be Buckeyes. Yup, it's real.
1 comment:
we will miss you too!
Post a Comment