you have a morning like I had. I woke up at 5:55am to the sounds of IA peeps coming through the monitor. Begrudingly I got out of bed and went to feed her a bottle. I tried for a bit to get her to go back to sleep, but when that didn't work I finally decided to start the day at 6:30. IA and I played for the next 45 minutes until WA came trodding downstairs. All went fairly well through breakfast, showers and shuttling out the door. I got to daycare, dropped both kids off with minimal hassle and then proceeded to head to an appointment before work. At that point I was feeling pretty please with myself for such a smooth start to the day...that is until I got a call from IA's teacher. My first reaction, when I looked at caller ID, was 'CRAP! one of the kids is sick'. That's usually my first reaction anytime daycare calls. Since we have no family in the area I'm usually the one stuck watching the sick child, which means juggling my schedule and returning emails during naps and/or videos. Kinda not fun. But today, luckily, the call wasn't about a sick kid. Instead it was a call to inform me that I sent my little girl to school WITH NO FOOD! Oy. IA's teacher, while clearly irritated, graciously agreed to fend IA off for a little while longer so that I could finish my appointment and run to the store. So here I am running around like a mad woman trying to get bottles, formula, etc and hussel back to daycare and drop everything off before turning around and heading back home to start work. Needless to say it wasn't the most relaxing part of my day...or at least I hope not. I still have half of it go! Now I'm tense and agitated, but at least my baby has a full belly. I'm hoping I'm not the only mom out there that has sent a kid in without food, because it certainly makes me feel like I'm less than on top of it (and kind of like a bad mom too).
No comments:
Post a Comment