Last night I read WA some books before bed. Since he did not nap at school, we started the whole process pretty early (7:15pm), which meant he got more than his fair share of books. I love reading to him, so frankly I kind of like nights like that. Once we were done, WA turned to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and said "Mom, we washed cars today.". I didn't really understand what he was telling me at first, but he went on to explain that he and JM (his newest buddy at school...In fact I think he has a little boy crush on JM) and BH washed their cars, but did not get gas. I quickly got on the same page and realized that he was telling me a bit about his day. I don't have a kid who gives up info readily, so this was kind of nice. Other parents tell me about how their kids relay daily snippets, but with WA it's a bit like pulling teeth. I have to prod..."WA, who did you play with at the gym? Did you have fun?", "Who did you eat with today?", "Did you play with MK?", "What did you get the sticker for?"...that kind of thing. Generally I get a 3 to 4 word response and no real satisfaction. So last night I really was thrilled when he voluntarily told me an entire episode from his day. Hands down WA's pre-bed quite time is quickly becoming my favorite part of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment