Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Terrible 3s?

A friend of mine, whose oldest daughter is in WA's class, recently posted a FB item about the difficulty she was having dealing with her three year old daughter. Serenity now! As I read it, I nodded and sent silent sympathy her way. Not only did this give me a sense of deja vu (as my brother and sister-in-law experienced the same thing with my niece) but I could also really relate, because we've just emerged from...or better yet, are "emerging from"...WA's own version of a horror show. The twos were really tough with WA and now that he is three, things seem to be smoothing out. That's not to say that he still doesn't throw a fit while leaving the playground or use selective hearing or get upset when you need to take something away from him (as a result of said selective hearing), but all-in-all both my hubby and I are finding him much easier to deal with.

So, my question is this...are the terrible twos vs. the traumatic threes really a matter of gender?


No comments: