Today on the playground after school, WA, IA and I were chatting and playing with LP, AK and their mom. It started out very pleasant, with Mrs. B and I having a nice chat and LP and WA running around on the tennis court like "crazyheads". It was nice....that is until WA became "that kid". AK, who is about 6mos older than IA, was crawling all around (at lightening speed I might add!) and having a grand old time checking out the wood chips and old leaves. The sun was shinning, the weather perfect and then WA runs over to AK and pushes her down to the ground. Nice. My kid the bully. Usually WA is pretty gentle (for a 3 yr old boy), especially with IA, and so this behavior had me wanting to crawl away faster than speedy AK! Well, that was until WA went over and tackled LP. Oh man, this kid is killing me. Now I know AK and LP's mom didn't, and doesn't, think that my kid acts like this all the time, but even still when this sort of thing happens....it's horrifying. Why is it that if your kid is the one that's tackled you're able to graciously pass it off as "being a toddler" (as Mrs. B did), but when it's your kid who's the brute...you suddenly want to have invisible superpowers more than anything in the world?
1 comment:
Since I assume Mrs B is me and not my mother-in-law, let me assure you that I was more concerned about you judging my parenting - letting my 1 year old crawl around on a dirty tennis court and try to eat wood chips - than worrying about WA:)
Post a Comment