Monday, September 24, 2012
Math
Our school system does student evaluations throughout the year as a means of measuring where the child is and how far they have, or have not, progressed. WA's first evaluation was sent home last week. Turns out the kids is all about math. He is exceeding his grade level across the board in math already. His reading and writing skills, on the other hand, are below average. This bias is probably typical of his gender and certainly points to him being much more like his father when it comes to learning. I SUCKED in math. Sucked. Had to get tutored to learn my times tables sucked. Yeah, it was bad. Reading, writing and history were always where I excelled. It's a good thing the hubby breezed through most math classes and ended up becoming an engineer. I can't related to WA's strong math skills, but I am proud of his achievements in that area and am ready to help where he struggles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment