My friend DS is truly amazing. She has two children and both struggle with medical conditions that are extremely challenging. I watch her from afar as she educates herself and comes up with solutions to help both of her children (Including fundraising 10k to get her daughter a diabetic alert dog! Something this family can appreciate.). She is an inspiration in the way she never gives up. You can tell it sucks sometimes to be in her shoes. But she acknowledges that, allows herself to feel it and moves on. Her kids certainly are lucky to have a mom like that.
We have been struggling a lot with WA for the past 4 years. We are currently in the process of finding the right treatment for an ADHD diagnosis. He's had severe side effects with all the meds we've tried so far (anger and hallucinations being the worst). In the meantime the spurts in between finding the right meds are tough. But every time I get down or tired, I think of DS and her strength, and that helps me feel stronger and more inspired to keep advocating for WA. I'm not sure DS really even knows she is such an inspiration, so thanks DS, keep on kickin' ass!
No comments:
Post a Comment