Thursday, May 31, 2012

Growing up

WA, is graduating from Kindergarten on Saturday. Usually parent's get this "nooooo, freeze time, freeze time!" feeling when their kids graduate from pre-school. WA went to a private Kindergarten run by our daycare, a choice I still do not regret, but it sort of puts us one year behind on the feeling of semi-meloncholy that comes when you realize your baby is growing up. I am so proud of him. He really has grown and matured over the past year and it's amazing how much he learned. Next year he will start first grade in our town's public school system and he's viewing it, at the moment, with some curiosity and excitement. I am too. But I'm also certain I'm going to miss dropping him off, getting glimpses of interaction with his little buddies and having a daily exchange with his teacher. Entering the public school system feels like one small, and age appropriate, step toward becoming more independent. It's definitely exciting and I'm curious to see how he does in this new environment, but truth be told makes me a little sad....and it's not even September yet!

No comments: