Saturday, June 18, 2011
An accomplishment
Hurray for me! That's right, I'm giving myself a big 'ol pat on the back. It's been almost a week since I ran the Litchfield Hills Road Race. It was held the day before my 39th (gulp) birthday. In years past the race has been brutal, especially when it's 90 and sunny. My awesome sister-in-law was right next to me every step of the 7.2 miles. For two days leading up to the event my stomach was not feeling so kind and I was clearly nervous. The day of the race my anxiety amped up and I was downright dreading it. For sure I was not giving myself enough credit, but I had also not run the race since my twenties (oh so long ago) and have had two kids and several pounds added to my life since then. So yes, I was apprehensive. Turns out it was all for nothing. The weather was perfect, maybe 73 and cloudy, and the 7 miles flew right by. With the exception of a tweak in my knee and dreaded Gallows Lane, I felt really good and actually finished only two minutes over what I had aimed for. I haven't had much to boast about physically over the past three years and so finishing this race, and finishing it strong, makes me really proud. Yeah me!
Labels:
me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment