Wednesday, April 7, 2010
All good thing must come to an end
I just accepted a new job. Regretfully I am leaving one that I love, with the hopes that this new role is equally as fulfilling. I spent the past 5 years at Travelocity and worked with a slew of really great people. I've loved most of what I was asked to work on and did it well. For the past 3, or so, years I've worked out of my home office. I never really found this difficult. Both my kids are in daycare and I have a separate work space, far away from distractions but not nearly as far from the kitchen as I'd like! I will dearly miss the flexibly afforded to me by my bosses and the work at home structure. There were plenty of nights where I worked after the kids were in bed in exchange for leaving early. That can...not...be...beat. It's made the first few years of my children's lives so great and special to me. I was able to be as much of a Mom as possible, but also have a thriving career. I am afraid that is about to change, but I'll have to wait and see...and adjust where necessary. I also think my husband is in for a bit of a shock. Working from home, not having a commute, having the ability to empty a dishwasher during lunch, etc, has made his life easier (though I'm not sure he realizes just how much). He is also going to have to make pretty big adjustments. I'm really nervous about how to avoid the scenario where my kids spend 9-10 hours a day in someone else's care. That's upsetting, but again I've been lucky to avoid that for as long as I have. I know what my Mom would say "All good things come to an end". Maybe, but I don't have to like it.
Labels:
family,
ohio,
state of mind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congratulations! (i think)
Post a Comment