Ah "adulthood" how I've missed you so...
I'm not talking about the kind of adulthood you qualify for by holding down a job or paying your own bills or having kids and pets; but the kind for which you qualify when you go out and have dinner and pleasant conversation with people your own age and really, really enjoy it. Last night I went out with four fantastic ladies. We spent four hours, yes FOUR hours, chatting, dining and gossiping (come on, how can you not?!?). It was heaven. No husbands, no kids, just us ladies. I haven't done something like that in FAR too long. Most of my social life now centers around my kids (kid b-day parties, kid friendly bbqs, playdates, etc) so it was extremely refreshing to hang with some girlfriends. My only regret is that I am moving and I will definitely miss my new friends and these dinners. All I can say is DS, DM, AB and MH, thanks for one fun night! Hopefully it won't be the last.
Oh yeah, word to the wise...make sure you tell your husband (who may or may not be out of town) that you have plans or else you'll have 7 voice mails and an extremely freaked out spouse. Lesson learned:).
1 comment:
It was so nice to have you and we will have to do another one before you leave! - DS
Post a Comment