Thursday, October 1, 2009

Scratch one off the list

Today I got tremendous joy when I was unexpectedly able to knock something off of my personal/family to-do list. To-do lists are my thing. I love them...a trait inherited from my list happy mother...I love everything about them. I love the organization they bring, love their symmetry, love adding and subtracting things from them, and I especially love when they are widdled down to nothing. Recently, however, it seems that I can't seem to get my to-do down to a zero sum state. It's a constant battle...me against the list. I'm finding the current problem is that the list often has tasks on it which a) either require too much time than one lunch hour allows or b) require both hands free of children. So, now my lists actually require strategy! Ah, how I miss the carefree days of singleton list execution. I guess the bright side is that when I am actually able to knock something off my list (especially if it's been on there for a while) there's a sense of accomplishment I get that is far greater than it ought to be. Once again illustrating, it's all about the small pleasures in life...


No comments: