Last week I was in Dallas on a business trip and my hubby stayed home with our two kids (along with my mother-in-law, thank you MB!). I missed my babies something fierce, but it was also really interesting to be in a "corporate environment" once again. I woke up and had only myself to worry about. I got ready (and actually dressed in something other than sweat pants!), watched the Today Show, grabbed a Starbucks tea and it was off to the office. I work from home, and find that I am really effective doing so; but being in the office is a different experience...sights and sounds constantly bombarded you. The fact that I got to actually SEE the people I work with felt pretty novel! The intensity of the week was great and a lot was accomplished in a short period of time.
I l-o-v-e being a Mom. It's my favorite thing ever. More so than being a teenager (I was lucky to have had some great teen years), more than college (ok, college did have some pretty kick ass times, but that's completely different) and more than being a career gal. Still, I found last week to be really fulfilling. It's just nice to exercise my corporate muscle in such an intense way every now and then. It kind of re-charges a distinct side of me.
I don't think I could live being just one or the other...mom or career girl...and this business trip has made me reflect on how happy I am that I am able to succeed in both areas of my life. Granted, I may not always be perfect, but I always get the job(s) done.
No comments:
Post a Comment