Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Who does this sound like?

Today's conversation on the way to school...

Me: "WA, do you know where we're going on Saturday?"

WA: "Where?"

Me: "Peepee's!!!" *

WA: "Yeah!"

Me: "Are you excited? You haven't seen Peepee in a long time."

WA: "No."

Me: "What? But you just screamed "Yeah!"?"

WA: "No, I don't love Peepee."

Me: "You're being silly. You do love Peepee, and Uncle B and Auntie A and KF and Daddy and IA."

WA: "No I don't Mommy. I love you." **


Not exactly the best way to express it, but the kid sure knows how to melt my heart. I really hope he doesn't have his Mom's puzzling and not-so-fantastic ability to unintentionally insult! Uh-oh.



* PeePee is what WA calls my dad, his Grampy F.

** Trust me, not true. He loves all of the above tremendously.

2 comments:

AmyBow said...

awesome that he loves you and so typical of a three year old - giving the expected response and then throwing you a curve in the next breath.

nallman said...

I'm less struck by his professions of love and more by how I turn in to a total puddle of mush when he does it. And yes, love the toddler curve ball. LP is a pro from what I can gather:).