Monday, July 13, 2009

WA turns 3

This past Saturday we celebrated WA's 3rd birthday with a party attended by some of his CT buds. It was a great success, WA loved it...even more than I expected him too...and it appeared that all of his friends did as well. We held it at the Darien Nature Center and the kids got to enjoy a meet and greet with some very cool animals. When asked which animal was his favorite, WA insisted it was the turtles. I didn't even have to ask which was his least favorite...


My favorite was definitely the hedgehog...that thing was cool!!


The kids also enjoyed a "Nature Scavenger Hunt", which consisted of meandering down some very short trails while looking for pine cones, leaves and berries. Most of the kids were totally in to it.

The piece de resistance was the cake. As mentioned in an early post WA is a hockey nut. Loves everything about it. So for his b-day his dad and I thought he might dig a hockey cake...and he did. The cake was great, it looked perfect and tasted delicious (a rare combo if you ask me). Unfortunately I can't take credit for construction of the cake, but I did "design" and coordinate the effort (that's gotta count for something, right? asks the working mother of two).


A lot of my time and money was spent on this party, but considering WA hasn't had a "real" b-day party yet (his first was family only, his second was spent in Seattle with our very best friends (holla MC!)), we figured it would be totally worth it. And it was.


*a special shout out to my mother-in-law...without whom I would have completely lost my mind.

No comments: