I am exhausted. I think the past 9 months are finally catching up to me. It's been a hectic time, starting with my mother-in-law's surgery in October, the birth of IA in November, my Mother's death 3 weeks later in December, X-mas, returning to work in February, various winter/spring illnesses (most of which managed to make the round robin in my house) and numerous trips to and from family get togethers. Top this off with hormones in flux, lack of sleep, absolutely no down time (i don't really count the hour at night between when we get the kids to bed and I have to do the pre-bed pump), a massive amount of stress, and I should not be surprised that I feel like a bus just ran over my head. So then why is it that I kind-of am? Surprised that is. Maybe it's the depth of exhaustion that's surprising? Somehow I managed to keep it all together, both practically and emotionally, but I'm sure feeling the toll now. I think I need a vacation. Either that or a wife.
1 comment:
definitely need a vacation. also doesn't hurt to remember that you are human and cut yourself some slack. you have been through more in 7 months than most people experience in a decade, I think you are amazing.
Post a Comment