Thursday, July 9, 2009

Firsts

This week has been incredibly busy... my in-laws are in town, IA was baptized on Sunday, my son turned 3 on Monday, I accompanied my sister-in-law on her first ever college visit to the University of New Hampshire (I experienced Colonial cuteness overload) and, to top it all off, I just started a major ramp-up on a large project at work. All of these things are great fun (even the work part actually), but I have been constantly on the go. Within all this craziness, I experienced a couple of notable firsts.

First #1 I was away from my daughter for the first time in her young life. She is just shy of 8 mos and I've never spent a night without her, even when my Mom was passing away. It's such an odd sensation to feel both incredibly liberated and a little bit sad to not be able to see and hold her. Definitely a coin with two sides.

First #2. WARNING- guys, you may not want to read this one. An old "friend" came back (why is it called a "friend"? It's so not friendly). I think one of the great side benefits of having a kid is not needing to deal with this monthly gift for well over a year. It's awesome. No feeling uncontrollably bitchy or generally crappy or majorly bloated. Why blog about this you might ask? Because upon it's arrival I had this thought.....seeing as IA is my last child, the next time I will not have my period is menopause! For some reason that freaks me out.


No comments: