Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Clash of styles

I find myself in a bit of a decorating jam. Now that I own my own wonderful house (with plenty of space to fill) I feel like I'm finally spreading my personal style wings.





My tastes run very much toward the eclectic. Not so much in the items themselves, but in the mixture of worn and new, textures and colors. My mom always had great style and growing up I always remember feeling very proud of my house. Her tastes were more country casual (and I don't mean the kind with an over abundance of knickknacks, potporri and roosters). My own residences have been furnished with her "leftovers" for a very long time. So now that she is gone and I have a place that truly feels like my own, I am tweaking. Here's the rub...I have some pieces that are just too sentimental to part with. Like dressers that my great grandfather made

or rugs that I got at an auction with my Mom. Things that are hard (or impossible) to part with. So I now fear that I am creating a place that lacks the polish that I desire because it's a bit out of tune. Not sure how to solve this one other than to "just try it".

No comments: