Friday, August 17, 2012

Hallucinations

Last night I was up half the night convincing WA that there were not finger sized Rolly Polly bugs crawling on his bed. At first I thought it was a lingering nightmare/dream and after about 15 minutes of him whimpering and refusing to lay down I realized that he actually believed he was seeing them. He was terrified. He thought that he felt them crawling on his legs and toes. I have never seen him more frightened at night. I ended up laying down with him and got him calm enough that exhaustion finally took over. This morning I googled more about his most recent medication and nighttime hallucinations have been reported in some cases. Needless to say I'm stopping this med immediately. I can't say we are having an easy time finding the right mix for my poor boy. I hope we hit a good combination soon, because this kind of sucks.

No comments: