Monday, July 30, 2012
A wish for my future 16-17 year olds
I was driving down the street, in our very suburban neighborhood, and I saw two high school kids (my guess...juniors) standing in the doorway of her house (she was on the inside). Since I was driving slow I was able to take them in. What I saw was that look of complete immersion. Remember? That first love, where the person you are with is just THE best and nothing could be more thrilling than being in their presence? It got me to thinking about what I want for my own children. I want them to have that type of first love. With someone decent, respectful and kind. Someone they look back on, when they are 40 and blogging while their kids are upstairs sleeping, and smile. I hear so many horror stories about adolescent love and I hope that with all the craziness that comes along with growing up these days, they get that one special guy or girl who makes their teen years all worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment