My sister-in-law always jokes that when we are together, with the kids, it's a villaahge (vill-ah-juh). Meaning that it really does require teamwork to raise kids sometimes. Today was a great example. While J took WA to lunch followed by ice skating, I offloaded IA on to my neighbor Lisa and took her daughter, AP, in return. AP and her sister, MP, were at each other a bit today. So in order to maintain some sanity, Lisa took MP and IA to an indoor play area while AP and I made back-to-school cupcakes, painted our nails and got WA's school supplies all straightened out (how's that for giving the kid a lesson in last minute perparation?). AP and I actually had a really nice day and I had fun hangning out with her. It was a nice break from the shenanigans my own kids like to pull when they are together. Poor Lisa got the short end of the stick though. IA was in one of her wild moods, where she is in to EVERYTHING and throwing a very adamant 'tude. I think Lisa now has more sympathy for my frazzeled moments! I'm certain neither of us would like a permanant trade, but it was a great break from the routine and a prime example of the villaahge in action.
No comments:
Post a Comment