Sunday, March 6, 2011

Big bro/Little sis

I love watching my kids play together. The collaborative fun kind of play, not the kind where they are at each other and driving their parents insane. This morning I watched my son lead his sister in creating a massive blanket fort. She followed him around like a petty officer executing his every command. He took his rank very seriously and expected nothing but excellence from her:). They ended up making a pretty cool fort, with a little assist from mom, and had a great time playing inside. It really does melt my heart watching them play like that. Like they are actually friends.




In an odd way, watching them makes me love my brother even more. I am sure that we had a similar dynamic...with him leading the charge and me faithfully following his every move. He is great big brother and I can only hope that my kids share the warmth that we do.

Sometimes two kids seem like a lot, but there are many moments, like this morning, where it's soooooo worth it.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Next you need to get a dog so they can start playing a rockin' game of hot lava monster.