Monday, February 7, 2011

Ayudame!

A couple weekends ago we had a series of loooong snowed in days. As with many parents, in parts of the country getting hammered, I let my kids watch a little more TV than they might normally. Hey, sometimes sanity gets top billing. Life returned to normal after the storm(s) and we got back in to our groove. About two days later, IA was in my room attempting to put on one of her dress up costumes. She was fussing and getting frustrated when all of a sudden, in nothing short of a shriek, she let out a loud "Help, help, AYUDAME!". Oh man, I could not help but chuckle at that one....all the while cringing because I knew that Dora had taught my little girl, in just a matter of a few short days, her first Spanish word. What does one feel in a situation like that? Embarrassment? Yup. Hilarity? Yup. Pride? A little. Mommy guilt? Most definitely.

No comments: