Monday, June 28, 2010

Alone time

I used to spend a TON of time alone with WA playing in his room. He got this VIP treatment until I was 8 months pregnant (and could no longer get up by myself!). Back in the day where it was 2 parents to 1 child, my hubby and I would often trade off weekend mornings and sleep in. WA, never a child who embraced sleep, would get up at about 6:30am. I'd go in and sit on the floor and play with him for hours. There would be days when I was exhausted and would half snooze/half play. As he grew older that trick didn't work as well. Anyway, I loved those mornings. With IA, I don't get much time like that. In a quite house, just she and I with sleepies in our eyes. This morning she treated us to a 5am wake up call. The hubby got up and attempted to rock her back to sleep, when that didn't work he brought her to our bed. From there she snuggled up with me for maybe 30 mins and started to get restless. I fended her off for 10 additional minutes before finally giving up just before 6. Since I was wide awake I decided to take her to her room to play. Alone. She and I. I really, really savored it. We got a solid hour of play, lotion application, dress up and books. If one has to get up before 6, playing with a cute little redhead is definitely the way to go.

No comments: