Last night I dreamt about two women who are no longer really in my life. One was my mother and the other was my closest friend growing up.
I love dreaming about my Mom. It's really the only way that she feels "real" to me now. Seeing her in 3-D, even if it is just for a few short unconscious moments, is as good as it gets these days. I like looking at her pictures, thinking of fond memories and seeing glimpses of her in my kids (and me too, gulp!), but there's something about those dreams that makes me feel extra connected to her. That might sound like bs to some people, but I, for one, will take it. I hope she continues to make these wonderful guest appearances anytime my subconscious so desires.
I also dreamt about one of my closest friends growing up, who for reasons I'm still not ultimately clear on, kind of stopped talking to me. Maybe I was a crappy friend? Maybe I offended her? Maybe she's got her own thing going and I don't belong anymore? Just not sure. This situation makes me really sad when I think about it because I will always love her like a sister and I did think that we would be close our whole lives, but I guess that's the way it works sometimes.
Anyway, it was nice to be able to say hi to these two ladies, if only in my dreams...
1 comment:
Wow - I can totally relate to this post. I too have lost my mom and the person whom WAS my best friend. Not sure why she doesn't talk to me either, but I find solice in knowing I have wonderful new friends in my life.
-DS
Post a Comment