Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why Spiffy and Random?

A quick note to explain the odd title of this blog...

Back in college my dear friend JK and I had a radio show (voted best overall radio show 1994, thank you very much!) and we needed a name. Seeing as the show was going to be composed of music that she liked (REM, Depeche Mode, indy alt rock), stuff that I liked (Neil Young, Phish crunchy deadhead-esq rock) and stuff we both liked (Madonna, Nirvana, danceable-flannel wearing-all over the board rock) we decided we needed a name that encompassed both the eclectic nature of the songs one was likely to hear, but also of what we hoped our personalities would reflect at 5am (the torturous time slot in which our very first show was scheduled). We came up with Spiffyrandomness. To this day that phrase follows me and so I thought it would be appropriate to use to name my blog. Especially because anyone who is my age (kid-full or kid-less) knows just how spiffy life can be and how completely random it is.


1 comment:

AmyBow said...

it's addictive, isn't it?